TCT 2017 App Tutorial
TCT 2017 App Tutorial
CRF Events App
Download the CRF Events App for the latest TCT 2017 program and the most interactive experience.
The CRF Events App is the essential guide to all conferences brought to you by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation. On the Main Menu tab, you’ll find all CRF events listed in chronological order. To open any event, select it from the list and click “Launch Event Guide.”
TCT 2017 App Tutorials
Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2017
From the Home screen and left sliding menu, you can access everything you need to get the most out of the app while you are at TCT 2016.
Search the Program and Plan Your Schedule
The CRF Events App is designed to help you easily search the event program and plan your schedule during all our conferences.
Browsing the Program:
You can access the TCT program in two ways:
- Tap the “Program” tile on the app home screen or via the left sliding menu.
- The “TCT Now” and “TCT Next” tiles on the Home screen also display the event program. “TCT Now” shows you the sessions currently taking place, while “TCT Next” displays upcoming sessions.
To Browse by Day:
- Selecting a day will show all sessions available during that particular day of the event. You can then scroll through all presentations listed under any session of your choice.
To Browse by Specific Session:
- Select a specific session (eg, Session I, Session II, or Lunch Symposia) to view a list of available presentations.
To Browse by Time:
- To filter by time, select the “Filter” button on the “Program” page. Move the slider to the desired time frame and tap “Done.” A list of corresponding sessions will appear. To turn off the function, tap the “Filter” button and select “Clear All.”
To Search the Program:
- You can access the search function from the app Home screen or the program’s main page.
- In the program, select the magnifying glass icon. Type in a keyword and tap “Enter” to bring up a list of results.
To Plan Your Schedule:
- You can “star,” or “favorite,” sessions or presentations you are interested in attending. These are collected in the “My TCT” section.
- Tap the “My TCT” tile on the Home screen or from the left sliding menu and select “Saved Sessions.” Your “starred” sessions are listed here in chronological order.
- To add these sessions or presentations to your device calendar, tap the alarm clock icon. You can choose to add only the event selected or all the events from your favorites.
- Select the calendar to which you would like to add the event and tap “Done.”
My TCT: Plan Your TCT Experience
The CRF Events App can help you plan your schedule while you are at any of our conferences. It can be easily personalized with your favorite sessions, presentations, slides, speakers, places, and more.
- As you browse through the TCT module of the CRF Events App, tapping a star will “favorite” the session, speaker, or attendee and file them into the “My TCT” section.
- These are automatically organized by type (sessions, notes, people, places, and slides).
- To access your “starred” sessions, choose the “My TCT” tile in the app home screen or via the left sliding menu.
- To take notes during a session or presentation, swipe down to the notes field and tap in the box to begin typing. All notes are saved automatically and can be accessed through “My TCT.”
- To export your “favorites,” tap “Export,” choose “Select All” or “By Type,” and tap “OK.”
- Choose to export to email or Dropbox when prompted.
Our goal with the CRF Events App is to provide social features that allow for broad interactivity both among attendees and between faculty and attendees. While at the conference, you can also email or send direct messages to other attendees.
To Communicate with Attendees or Faculty:
- Tap the “Communicate” tile in the app Home screen or via the left sliding menu.
- Browse by faculty, by attendees, or the entire list (“All”).
- Select a person to view his/her profile.
- Tap “Send Email” or “Send Direct Message” to bring up a text box, type a message, and hit “Send.”
- Direct messages sent to you from other attendees and faculty members can be accessed from the “Messages” tab in the slider menu.
CRF respects your privacy and takes it very seriously. If you do not wish to be contacted, you may opt out of this feature. Also, you don’t have to worry about your email address being made publicly available. The CRF Events App masks your email address so that the sender does not see your email unless you respond.
To Opt Out of Direct Communications:
- Select “My Profile” from the left sliding menu.
- Tap “Edit Profile” and unselect the following options from your profile: “Allow emails from other attendees” and “Allow direct messages from other attendees.”
Participate in Sessions (Live Session Chat)
Live Session Chat allows you to chat with other attendees and faculty in real time during a session. It also gives you access to our real-time polling feature.
To Join a Live Session Chat:
- Select a session and tap “Join the Discussion.”
- At the top you’ll find three tabs: “Chat,” “Poll,” and “Who’s Here.”
- During the session, a Digital Moderator will be asking questions and facilitating the conversation.
- To participate, type a comment in the text box and tap “Send.”
- Follow the discussion throughout the session or leave at any time.
- Selecting the “Who’s Here” tab will display all the attendees active in the session.
To Answer a Poll:
- Select a session and tap Join the Discussion.
- The session moderator will prompt the audience to access the poll section.
- Once in the poll section, you may answer the questions provided.
- Results will be displayed in bar charts and percentages.
Rate Sessions: CME Credit
The TCT module of the CRF Events App allows you to rate sessions for CME. You will also be able to claim and request a CME certificate.
To Rate Sessions and Claim your Certificate:
- From the Program, select the session for which you wish to claim CME credits.
- Move the slider to the desired number of hour(s) you wish to claim, then answer the questions below. Once the slider has been moved to the desired amount of credit, it will automatically appear in the "Evaluate CME" tab.
- From the Home page, tap "Evaluate CME" to access the section. A list of all the sessions you chose will appear. Those that have not been evaluated will have a orange button that you can press to finish the evaluation of the session.
- Once all sessions have been evaluated, press "Claim Certificates" at the top of the screen.
- Complete the "General Program Evaluation" in its entirety, the button will change to green once completed.
- Make sure that the slider reflects the amount of credits you desire.
- Press "Request CME Certificate," "Request Attendance Certificate," or both. The certificate will be emailed to you.
Access TCT Content
You can now view live transmissions of the Main Arena, Coronary Theater, and Endovascular Theater. In TCT Live you'll also find daily wraps-ups, extended live cases, and insightful interviews.
You can also view slides and presentation videos through the CRF Events Guide.
To View Slides:
Select a presentation and tap “Related Content.”
- If slides are available, tap “View Slides.” The app will directly link you to the slides on the TCTMD website.
- If the slides are not yet available, an email will be sent to you with a link when they do become available.
To View Videos:
- If on-demand video of a presentation is available, a movie icon will appear to the right of the presentation.
- To view the video, tap the presentation and then select “Watch Video.”