Affiliated Activities Rules and Guidelines
Any activity, event, or meeting that is held during the 2018 Transcatheter Valve Therapies (TVT) conference that is targeted toward or includes any participants of TVT is considered an affiliated activity and must be approved by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF), the official sponsor of TVT.
Organizations (commercial companies, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, etc.) that wish to hold meetings of any size or nature in any location during TVT that are targeted to TVT attendees must complete the appropriate applications for activity, be approved, and comply with the guidelines. Affiliated activity guidelines are subject to change.
- A non-refundable administrative fee of $150.00 (US) is required for each approved affiliated activity. Additional fees may apply.
- All appropriate fees must be paid in full within 30 days of the billing date. Failure to do so will result in loss of space.
- Access to TVT approved promotional opportunities and attendee list is not permitted for promotion of affiliated activities.
- One application for each meeting must be completed. Applications with more than 1 meeting listed will not be accepted and may delay the application process.
- The sponsor of the affiliated meeting is liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
- Signage for the affiliated activity is only permitted directly outside of the assigned meeting room. Directional signs, advertisements, banners, etc., are not permitted in the hotel lobby or the convention center.
- Affiliated activity decisions will be e-mailed approximately 1 week after submission.
To be approved, affiliated activities must:
- Support and be consistent with the scientific nature of TVT
- Be directed to TVT companies (affiliated activity sponsors and companies must be TVT registrants)
- Not conflict with or detract from the official TVT scientific program (see blacked out times below)
- Be approved by CRF
Acceptable activities are:
- Scientific Advisory Board Meetings
- Scientific Investigator Meetings
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings
- Executive Meetings
- Specific Study (Investigator) Meetings
- Staff Meetings
In general, the following activities are not permitted during TVT
- Scientific, educational, speaker-driven symposia or lectures not sponsored by TVT
- Exhibits (commercial company and noncommercial company)
- Distribution of any promotional material (eg, fliers, room drops)
- Commercial banners
The guidelines are meant to provide guidance for affiliated activity sponsors or hosts. If you have any questions at all about whether your activity would be an affiliated activity requiring approval, contact Fernanda Swan at .
How to Apply
Companies, organizations or individuals that wish to host an affiliated meeting must submit the appropriate application below. All applications must be received by Friday, June 2, 2018.
Companies may conduct investigator meetings and/or affiliated industry meetings at the Summit starting June 20, 2018. Investigator Meetings provide an opportunity for investigators to network and share the latest scientific data on clinical trials.
These meetings may be conducted at any nearby hotel upon approval of the application. Once approval is granted, the organization must work directly with the hotel/venue to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. All costs associated with the function (e.g., room rental, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor.
Limited Meeting Space at Sheraton Grand Hotel
In addition, CRF is offering a limited number of private rooms at the Sheraton Grand Hotel for companies to conduct these meetings. Meeting space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The meeting rooms at the Sheraton is now sold out.
Meeting Blackout Times
Affiliated activities may not be held during the following times (times are subject to change):
- Wednesday, June 20, 2018: 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Thursday, June 21, 2018: 6:30 AM – 7:45 PM
- Friday, June 22, 2018: 6:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, June 23, 2018: 6:15 AM - 5:00 PM
Personnel Meetings During TVT Hours
Personnel meetings may be held at any time during TVT if attendance is limited to that organization’s representatives. Physician attendees are strictly prohibited from participating in these meetings. Violations of TVT’s Affiliated Activities Rules and Guidelines will be reviewed and sanctions may be applied. Please see the Consequences for Noncompliance section for more information.
Important note: CRF requests that TVT faculty not commit to conflicting speaking engagements. TVT faculty responsibilities and obligations to the official program take precedence over all others speaking arrangements at the meeting. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space within 48 hours of request, the company will be refunded 100% of paid meeting fees minus the $150 administrative fee.
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space on or before April 13, 2018, the company will forfeit the $150 administrative fee and 50% of total meeting space fee
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space after April 13, 2018, the company will forfeit 100% of the total meeting space and administrative fees.
Costs and Liabilities
Any direct costs associated with the function (eg, rental fees, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor. The sponsor is also liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
Use of the TVT Logo
The TVT logo or any part of the TVT logo may not be used on any non-TVT materials, such as websites, publications, signs, fliers, etc, that did not originate from or were not developed by TVT without the express written permission of TVT. In addition, no entity may imply either directly or indirectly that it is in any way affiliated with TVT without the express written permission of TVT.
Approved Affiliated Activity Language
Once the affiliated activity has been approved, the language below is permissible. This “meeting name” has been approved as an affiliated activity during TVT 2018. This meeting is not sponsored by, endorsed by, or supported by TVT or CRF.
Changes to Approved Affiliated Activities
Any substantive changes to an affiliated activity application must be reported to CRF. Substantive changes include date, time, location, attendees, and major agenda changes. If you are in doubt of whether a change is substantive, please contact Fernanda Swan at .
Consequences for Noncompliance
If an affiliated activity is found to have violated the Guidelines for Affiliated Activities (above), the sponsoring organization, the supporting organization, and the organizer of the meeting may be prohibited from holding an affiliated activity at future CRF conferences, may have their current registration revoked, non-compliance may be subject to fines and damages, and could negatively impact the registration/status/attendance of those attending an unapproved affiliated activity. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.