Any activity, event, or meeting that is held during TVT 2020 that is targeted toward or includes any participants of TVT is considered an affiliated activity and must be approved by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF), the official sponsor of TVT. Companies, organizations or individuals that wish to host an affiliated meeting must submit the appropriate application below.
Affiliated Activities Rules and Guidelines
Organizations (commercial companies, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, etc.) that wish to hold meetings of any size or nature in any location during TVT that are targeted to TVT attendees must complete the appropriate applications for activity, be approved, and comply with the guidelines. Affiliated activity guidelines are subject to change.
- All appropriate fees must be paid in full within 30 days of the billing date. Failure to do so will result in loss of space.
- Access to TVT approved promotional opportunities and attendee list is not permitted for promotion of affiliated activities.
- One application for each meeting must be completed. Applications with more than 1 meeting listed will not be accepted and may delay the application process.
- The sponsor of the affiliated meeting is liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
- Signage for the affiliated activity is only permitted directly outside of the assigned meeting room. Directional signs, advertisements, banners, etc., are not permitted in the hotel lobby or the convention center.
- Affiliated activity decisions will be e-mailed approximately 1 week after submission.
To be approved, affiliated activities must:
- Support and be consistent with the scientific nature of TVT
- Be directed to TVT companies (affiliated activity sponsors and companies must be TVT registrants)
- Not conflict with or detract from the official TVT scientific program (see blacked out times below)
- Be approved by CRF
Acceptable activities are:
- Scientific Advisory Board Meetings
- Scientific Investigator Meetings
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings
- Executive Meetings
- Specific Study (Investigator) Meetings
- Staff Meetings
In general, the following activities are not permitted during TVT
- Scientific, educational, speaker-driven symposia or lectures not sponsored by TVT
- Exhibits (commercial company and noncommercial company)
- Distribution of any promotional material (eg, fliers, room drops)
- Commercial banners
The guidelines are meant to provide guidance for affiliated activity sponsors or hosts. If you have any questions at all about whether your activity would be an affiliated activity requiring approval, contact Fernanda Swan at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Companies, organizations or individuals that wish to host an affiliated meeting must submit the appropriate application below. All applications must be received by Friday, May 8th, 2020.
Official Hotel Meeting Rooms SOLD OUT
CRF has limited private rooms at the Sheraton Grand Chicago for companies to conduct affiliated meetings. Meeting space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. After a meeting space is released to the affiliate, the organization must work directly with the hotel/venue to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. Any direct costs associated with the function (e.g., food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor. The fee for a confirmed TVT 2020 demo companies is $650.00 (USD) for a minimum of four hours or $1,050.00 (USD) for more than four hours and includes room rental and set-up. The fee for a non-confirmed TVT 2020 demo companies is $950.00 for a minimum of four hours or $1,450.00 (USD) for more than four hours and includes room rental and set-up. A non-refundable administrative fee of $150.00 (US) is required for each approved affiliated activity. Additional fees may apply.
Unofficial Hotel Meeting Rooms
Companies may conduct affiliated meetings at any hotel/venue upon approval of the application. Once approval is granted, the organization must work directly with the hotel/venue to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. All costs associated with the function (e.g., room rental, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor.
Meeting Blackout Times
Affiliated activities may not be held during the following times (times are subject to change):
- Thursday, June 18, 2020: 6:15 AM – 7:45 PM
- Friday, June 19, 2020: 6:15 AM - 6:30 PM
- Saturday, June 20, 2020: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Personnel Meetings During TVT Hours
Personnel meetings may be held at any time during TVT if attendance is limited to that organization’s representatives. Physician attendees are strictly prohibited from participating in these meetings. Violations of TVT’s Affiliated Activities Rules and Guidelines will be reviewed and sanctions may be applied. Please see the Consequences for Noncompliance section for more information.
Important note: CRF requests that TVT faculty not commit to conflicting speaking engagements. TVT faculty responsibilities and obligations to the official program take precedence over all others speaking arrangements at the meeting. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.
Written notice of cancellation must be received via email or on company letterhead to Fernanda Swan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation or reduction of meeting space will pay the following fees:
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space within 48 hours of request, the company will be refunded 100% of paid meeting fees minus the $150 administrative fee.
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space on or before April 6, 2020, the company will forfeit the $150 administrative fee and 50% of total meeting space fee
- Cancellation or reduction of meeting space after April 6, 2020, the company will forfeit 100% of the total meeting space and administrative fees.
Costs and Liabilities
Any direct costs associated with the function (eg, rental fees, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor. The sponsor is also liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
Use of the TVT Logo
The TVT logo or any part of the TVT logo may not be used on any non-TVT materials, such as websites, publications, signs, fliers, etc, that did not originate from or were not developed by TVT without the express written permission of TVT. In addition, no entity may imply either directly or indirectly that it is in any way affiliated with TVT without the express written permission of TVT.
Approved Affiliated Activity Language
Once the affiliated activity has been approved, the language below is permissible. This “meeting name” has been approved as an affiliated activity during TVT 2020. This meeting is not sponsored by, endorsed by, or supported by TVT or CRF.
Changes to Approved Affiliated Activities
Any substantive changes to an affiliated activity application must be reported to CRF. Substantive changes include date, time, location, attendees, and major agenda changes. If you are in doubt of whether a change is substantive, please contact Fernanda Swan at email@example.com.
Consequences for Noncompliance
If an affiliated activity is found to have violated the Guidelines for Affiliated Activities (above), the sponsoring organization, the supporting organization, and the organizer of the meeting may be prohibited from holding an affiliated activity at future CRF conferences, may have their current registration revoked, non-compliance may be subject to fines and damages, and could negatively impact the registration/status/attendance of those attending an unapproved affiliated activity. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.