To apply for press credentials, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (646) 434-4608.
PRESS CREDENTIALS AND GUIDELINES
Press credentials to cover meetings presented by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) will be granted to journalists who are employed by accredited news organizations attending the meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage.
CRF reserves the right to grant press privileges to individuals on a case-by-case basis; registration at previous CRF or TVT meetings does not guarantee approval.
Press credentials will be granted to reporters from the following types of news media:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Wire services
- Broadcast media
- Trade media: medical, science, pharmaceutical, cardiology, device, and allied healthcare publications
- Online media
- Accredited freelance medical and science writers
A maximum of three (3) individuals per news organization will be permitted to register as press for CRF meetings unless granted special permission by CRF.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR RECEIVING PRESS BADGES
- Media identification (such as an international accredited press pass) issued by a recognized news organization
- Business card clearly stating affiliation with a news organization (see above for qualified types of news media) and position (e.g., editor, publisher, writer, reporter, producer, etc.)
- Letter on official letterhead from the editor of a publication/website or producer of a broadcast program certifying the journalist’s affiliation and verifying their assignment to the meeting (must include the editor's contact information)
- National Association of Science Writers or International Science Writers Association membership card
FOR JOURNALISM STUDENTS:
- A letter on official school letterhead, signed by a department professor, verifying the student’s assignment to the meeting (including the professor’s contact information)
FOR FREELANCE JOURNALISTS:
- Copies of cardiology-related bylined articles and an official letter of assignment from an accredited news organization
FOR NEWSLETTER MEDIA:
- Current issues of the newsletter containing at least one bylined article covering cardiology; if a representative was registered as media at a previous CRF meeting, one of the issues submitted must illustrate the resulting editorial coverage
FOR REPORTERS FROM ONLINE MEDIA, MEDICAL PUBLISHING COMPANIES, HEALTHCARE SOCIETIES/ASSOCIATIONS, AND UNIVERSITY PUBLICATIONS:
- Appropriate media credentials as noted above for journalists
- Demonstration of the following criteria: original editorial news coverage and editorial freedom from advertisers/sponsors or, if sponsored, multiple clearly identified sponsors (single-sponsor outlets are not eligible)
- Bloggers must provide the URL of the website for which they are writing
- Examples of posts that demonstrate recent coverage of cardiology topics of interest to physicians and/or general patient audiences must be supplied
PRESS CREDENTIALS WILL NOT BE ISSUED TO THE FOLLOWING REPRESENTATIVES:
- Financial or industry analysts
- Publication advertising/sales representatives
- Spouses and other guests of journalists attending the meeting
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibitor companies or agencies
- Representatives of organizations that produce publications, websites, video, and/or other media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes
- Organizations whose main objective is to promote a product or service (e.g., marketing, advertising, financial analysts, or public relations personnel)
- Industry representatives, representatives from in-house and industry newsletters or magazines, and representatives of corporate, university, or hospital public relations, advertising, or marketing departments
- Representatives from medical education companies attending CRF meetings for the purpose of creating continuing medical education or other commercial educational content
- Physicians and other medical providers seeking Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit. We respectfully request that you acquire the appropriate paid registration to obtain CME credit/documentation
PRESS POLICY VIOLATIONS
Individuals with complimentary press badges who violate CRF press policies will immediately forfeit press credentials for the meeting as well as any subsequent meetings. Press policy violations include:
- Misrepresentation for the purpose of obtaining press credentials
- Selling, marketing, or representing a company for the purposes of obtaining advertising and/or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor marketing a product or service displayed at a CRF meeting
- Sharing or distributing embargoed media materials beyond those immediately involved in the development of news coverage prior to the embargo lift
- Engaging in product promotion that implies CRF endorsement and/or usage of the CRF logo without the express written consent of CRF
- Developing or collecting materials to assist in the development of CME programs or materials and/or soliciting presenters or writers for CME programs or publications
- Publishing or posting press conference slides, abstracts, posters, or substantial portions of these materials. These are provided to the media to assist in the development of original news coverage only and are not intended for copy, sale, or redistribution
RECORDING (AUDIO, VIDEO, AND STILL PHOTOGRAPHY) AND SOCIAL MEDIA
CRF promotes the free exchange and rapid dissemination of educational content from our meetings.
Communicating through social media—including posting brief audio and video clips—is strongly encouraged provided that embargo rules are honored. However, filming, recording, posting or livestreaming entire sessions or live cases, or the use of any CRF course content for commercial purposes, is strictly prohibited (out of respect for patient privacy with regards to live cases). Members of the press are required to obtain written approval from CRF before filming, recording, or taking photographs.
For further information or to request permission for filming, recording, and photography, please e-mail email@example.com.
These policies were last updated May 22, 2020 and are subject to change. Please check with the CRF Press Office for further updates.