The Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF) presents several professional meetings each year in which researchers announce new discoveries, innovations, and clinical trial results. CRF grants press credentials to journalists who are employed by accredited news organizations and wish to attend a meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage.
CRF reserves the right to grant or deny press privileges on a case-by-case basis; registration at previous CRF or TVT meetings does not guarantee approval for TVT in 2021.
APPLY FOR PRESS Credentials
Eligibility for Press Credentials
A maximum of three (3) individuals per news organization will be permitted to register as press, unless CRF grants an exemption.
Reporters from the following types of news media are eligible to apply for press credentials:
- Newspapers and magazines
- Wire services
- Trade: medical, science, pharmaceutical, cardiology, device, and allied health care publications
- Accredited freelance medical and science writers
Applicants for press credentials must be directly involved in creating news content for an organization that meets these criteria:
- Publishes original news in a regular news section
- Reports news with complete editorial freedom from advertisers, funders, and/or sponsors
- If sponsored, has multiple sponsors (no single-sponsor media)
- Clearly identifies advertisers, sponsors, paid editorial, and other funding sources
Proof of Eligibility
Please be prepared to produce one of the following:
- Media identification (such as an international accredited press pass) issued by a recognized news organization
- Business card clearly stating affiliation with a news organization (see above for qualified types of news media) and position (e.g., editor, publisher, writer, reporter, producer)
- Letter on official letterhead from editor of publication/website or producer of broadcast program certifying journalist’s affiliation and verifying assignment to the meeting (must include the editor's contact information)
- National Association of Science Writers or International Science Writers Association membership card
- Letter on official school letterhead, signed by a department professor, verifying student’s assignment to the meeting (must include professor’s contact information)
- Copies of cardiology-related bylined articles and official letter of assignment from an accredited news organization
- Current issues of the newsletter containing at least one bylined article covering cardiology; if a representative was registered as media at a previous CRF meeting, one of the issues submitted must illustrate the resulting editorial coverage
Reporters from online media, medical publishing companies, health care societies/associations, and university publications
- Appropriate media credentials as noted above for journalists
- Demonstration of the following: original editorial news coverage and editorial freedom from advertisers/sponsors or, if sponsored, multiple clearly identified sponsors (single-sponsor outlets are not eligible)
- URL of the website
- Posts that demonstrate recent coverage of cardiology topics of interest to physicians and/or general patient audiences
CRF does not issue press credentials to:
- Financial or industry analysts
- Advertising/sales representatives
- Spouses and other guests of journalists
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibitor companies or agencies
- Representatives of organizations that produce publications, websites, video, and/or other media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations
- Representatives of organizations whose main objective is to promote a product or service (e.g., marketing, advertising, financial, or public relations professionals)
- Industry representatives, representatives of in-house and industry newsletters or magazines, and representatives of corporate, university, or hospital public relations, advertising, or marketing departments
- Representatives of medical education companies attending CRF meetings for the purpose of creating continuing medical education or other commercial educational content
- Physicians and other medical providers seeking Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit. We respectfully request that you acquire the appropriate paid registration to obtain CME credit/documentation
Media, investigators, organizations issuing press releases, and others with access to research accepted for presentation during TVT are required to abide by the embargo policies governing CRF meetings.
The Cardiovascular Research Foundation embargoes information presented as late-breaking trials or late-breaking clinical science. Coverage of these studies is strictly prohibited until the start time of each trial’s official presentation as listed in the TVT Program on the official TVT website. No journalist, exhibitor, or university (or affiliated organization or company) may disseminate information until the trial’s official presentation time. All embargo times are listed in Eastern Time (ET). There’s no official embargo for research presented as an abstract, challenging case, or during an innovation session. However, we request that you not file stories until the meeting begins.
Please be advised that any journalist violating the Embargo Policy will have his or her press credentials immediately revoked and will not be granted press credentials for future CRF meetings.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
CRF promotes the free exchange and rapid dissemination of research and educational content from all CRF meetings. The slides from CRF-sponsored courses and symposia are immediately posted on TCTMD to facilitate scientific discourse and enhance patient care.
Communicating through social media is welcome and strongly encouraged, provided that embargo rules for late-breaking clinical trials and science are honored. Photographs, screenshots, images of slides from sessions, and brief audio/video clips can be shared via social media. However, posting or live streaming entire sessions or live cases (the latter to respect patient privacy) and use of any CRF course content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
The official hashtag for TVT taking place July 20–22, 2021 is #TVT2021.
RECORDING POLICY (AUDIO, VIDEO, AND STILL PHOTOGRAPHY)
Photography (non-flash only) and brief audio, video, or screen recording using hand-held equipment for strictly personal, educational, and/or social use (in accordance with CRF Social Media Policy) are permitted at all CRF meetings as determined solely by CRF. Substantial portions of posters, slides, and presentations may not be copied or reproduced in any form for sale or commercial use. CRF reserves the right to limit recordings onsite if deemed necessary.
Media must obtain approval and camera tag from CRF before filming, screen recording, or taking photographs for the purpose of original news or social media coverage. Please note that once approval to film and/or photograph is obtained, filming, videotaping, and photography are limited to agreed-upon terms.
PRESS POLICY VIOLATIONS
Individuals with complimentary press badges who violate CRF press policies will immediately forfeit press credentials for the meeting as well as any subsequent meetings. Press policy violations include:
- Misrepresentation for the purpose of obtaining press credentials
- Selling, marketing, or representing a company for the purposes of obtaining advertising and/or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor marketing a product or service displayed at a CRF meeting
- Sharing or distributing embargoed media materials beyond those immediately involved in the development of news coverage prior to the embargo lift
- Engaging in product promotion that implies CRF endorsement and/or usage of the CRF logo without the express written consent of CRF
- Developing or collecting materials to assist in the development of CME programs or materials and/or soliciting presenters or writers for CME programs or publications
- Publishing or posting press conference slides, abstracts, posters, or substantial portions of these materials. These are provided to the media to assist in the development of original news coverage only and are not intended for copy, sale, or redistribution
For further information or to request permission for filming, recording, and photography, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These policies were last updated April 7, 2021 and are subject to change. Please check with the CRF Press Office for further updates.